Ecclesiastes 1:1-11; 12:11-14
1. Life seems like a puzzle with no solution. (vs. 2)
2. I work hard and it doesn't seem to get me anywhere. (vs. 3)
3. Nature is beautiful but is full of mystery. (vs. 4-7)
4. I will wear myself out before my desires are satisfied. (vs. 8)
5. Our belief that there is anything new is a lie. (vs. 9-10)
6. The past, present, and future will be forgotten. (vs. 11)
Solomon's Call to Respond:
- Trust God's Word. (vs. 11)
- Do not trust the ever-changing counsel of the world. (vs. 12)
- Be so in awe of God that you spend every moment of your life living for Him. (vs. 13)
- Live with an eternal perspective. (vs. 14)
Memorize Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Answer these questions. . .
- Where am I failing to trust God as an unashamed disciple?
- Do I trust the counsel of the world over God's counsel?
- How will I increase my awe of God and live with eternal perspective?